Unity seeks a Medical Receptionist to join our team at LAFAYETTE SURGICAL CLINIC, a practice division of Unity Healthcare. Candidate will be joining a well-established practice with six Physicians, two Physician Assistants, and one Nurse Practitioner.
Our Medical Receptionists play a large role in our organization. With your unique talents and skillset, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Medical office experience preferred
• Computer experience required
• Allscripts PM/EMR knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
• Unity Healthcare experience preferred
• Surgical knowledge is a plus!
• Greet, register, and check patients in and out
• Verify and update patient information in medical records
• Verify insurance, collect copays, and process payments
• Answer phone calls, direct calls to appropriate departments, and schedule patient appointments
• Maintain patient confidentiality within HIPAA guidelines
• Complete special projects and assist staff in completing assignments as needed
• Temporary position until January
• Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
• Lafayette, IN
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 100 providers in over 25 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation
• Accrued paid time off for full time staff (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
• Paid Holidays
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.