Lafayette Gastroenterology deals with diagnosing and treating common gastrointestinal conditions involving the esophagus, stomach, intestine, colon, liver, and pancreas.
If you are looking for a gastroenterology physician in the Lafayette area, please call our office to schedule a consultation with us. We look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific needs in person.
New PatientsWe would like to welcome you to our practice and introduce to you some guidelines that may be helpful in the future.
Please print and complete the new patient forms and mail or fax them, or bring them with you to your first appointment along with your insurance card and medications. We are aware that this will be time-consuming; however, this is an important part of your medical record, so please take time to fill it out thoroughly.
Emergencies: If you have an emergency after hours or on weekends, please call our office and the answering service will connect you with the physician on call, or proceed to the emergency room at either Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health — Lafayette Central or Lafayette East. In case of life-threatening emergencies, please call 911.
Medicine Refills: Please call for medicine refills during office hours, at least five days before you run out. Medicine refills are not called in after hours.
Pain Medicines: It is office policy not to prescribe chronic pain medications. You will need to contact your primary care physician for chronic pain medications.
Cancellation Policy: To avoid a charge, please give us at least 72 hours of notice if you will be unable to make a scheduled appointment.
Payment Policy: In order to provide the best care possible, it is necessary that all payments be collected at the time of service. We will be glad to bill your insurance. But if you have a co-payment or unmet deductible, or are responsible for a percentage of the charges, please bring a form of payment with you to your appointment. We accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard, and Visa.
Established PatientsThank you for continuing to trust us with your medical care. In order for us to make your upcoming appointment as efficient as possible, please help us by completing the health history update form. Please bring this completed form with you to your appointment. This will allow your physician more time to focus on your current problems and help to identify any new concerns that may need to be addressed.
If you have had any changes in your address, phone number, or insurance information, please also complete the registration form so that we may update our records. Please bring your insurance card and your medication bottles to each visit.
Please take a moment to look over the instructions for the procedures listed below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Health LinksWith the vast amount of information available on the Internet, we would like to provide you with links to quality-filtered consumer health information.
- www.liverfoundation.org - Includes information on liver disease
- www.gastro.org - Includes patient resources for gastrointestinal disease
- www.americanheart.org - Includes heart attack, stroke, and cardiac arrest warning signs, as well as information on diseases and conditions
- www.healthfinder.gov - Includes information regarding diseases and conditions
- www.cancer.gov - Includes information on types of cancer, clinical trials, and a variety of other cancer-related topics
- www.mayoclinic.com - Includes drugs and supplements, diseases and conditions, and healthy living information
- www.webmd.com - Includes information regarding diseases and conditions
- www.aasld.org - Includes information on liver disease
- www.patients.uptodate.com - Includes health information for patients
- www.familydoctor.org - Includes information regarding diseases and conditions
- www.cdc.gov - Includes travelers' health, vaccines and immunizations, diseases and conditions
- www.medicare.gov - Includes Medicare prescription drug plans, billing information, and preventative care coverage
- www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthtopics.html - National laboratory of medicine
- www.medtronic.com - Includes information about Bravo pH probe used to diagnose GERD (reflux disease)
- www2.niddk.nih.gov - Includes information on diabetes, digestive, and kidney diseases
- www.givenimaging.com - Includes information on capsule endoscopy
- www.ccfa.org - Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disorder
- Swallowing Disorders
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Polyp
- Constipation / Diarrhea
- Crohn's Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastrointestinal Malignancy
- Liver diseases