Central Sterile Supply Technician
Unity seeks a Central Sterile Supply Technician to join our team at UNITY SURGICAL CENTER, a practice division of Unity Healthcare.
Our ideal Central Sterile Supply Technician will have the ability to work well in a team as well as independently in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail. We are looking for a Central Sterile Supply Technician who is reliable, communicates well, and has good judgment and critical-thinking skills!
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job
- Must be able to work well in a team or independently
- High School diploma or equivalent and certification in sterile processing and distribution
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Keep record of items that have been cleaned and sterilized
- Assist with policy and procedure development and Adheres to established infection control and organizational standards.
- Meticulous examination of instruments and equipment to ensure they are clean
- Manual cleaning of instruments and equipment to remove contaminates
- Operation and maintenance of decontamination equipment
- Monitor and operate sterilization equipment such as an autoclave
- Test and report any issues or problems with sterilizing equipment
- Assemble and sterilize instrument trays
- Organize, store and keep record of sterile supplies
- Inventory control of sterilization supplies including reordering and checking expiration dates
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Accrued paid time off for full-time staff (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.