Unity seeks a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) to join our ENT specialty practice team at Unity Healthcare, LLC. Prior surgical technologist experience required, ENT experience would be ideal.
Our ideal CST will deliver exceptional patient care before, during, and after in-office procedures. Our CST will also work in office assisting with prior authorizations, triage, rooming patients, charting, etc. We are looking for a CST who is reliable, works well as a member of the specialist team, and can thrive in a fast-past environment!
• Willingness to adhere to the Missions, Vision and Values of Ear, Nose & Throat of Lafayette
• Prepares the procedure room by selecting and opening sterile instruments
• Assembles, adjusts, and checks non-sterile equipment
• Utilizes sterilizers, lights, suction machines, electrosurgical units, and diagnostic equipment during procedures
• Assists with sponge, needle, and other supply counts to track materials used
• Use electronic health records to assist with charting, orders, scheduling, etc., including demonstrated ease with learning and analyzing new software. Commitment to becoming a strong user in a short timeframe
• Room patients, taking vitals and preparing the room for the physician
• Schedule surgeries, complete prior authorizations and communicate with patients in surgery plan
• Adherence to the Mission, Vision and Values of Ear, Nose & Throat of Lafayette
• Excellent communication skills required
• High attention to detail
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in an ambulatory setting preferred
• Certification(s): CST required; BLS preferred
• Team Mentality: Willingness to cross-cover for CMA staff when needed and assume duties within the purview of a CST from those in the CMA job description
• Full Time
• Lafayette, IN
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation
• Accrued for full-time staff (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
• Paid Holidays
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit-sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.