Unity Healthcare seeks an experienced, full-time Certified Medical Assistant to join the team our EAR, NOSE AND THROAT OF LAFAYETTE division. Candidate will be joining a busy, new specialty practice.
Our CMA’s play a large role in our organization and in this office will perform both front and back office duties. With your focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Willingness to adhere to the Missions, Vision and Values of Ear, Nose & Throat of Lafayette
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ease with learning and analyzing new software. Commitment to becoming a strong user in a short timeframe
• Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational and computer skills
• Must display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families
• Room patients, taking vitals and preparing the room for the physician
• Schedule surgeries, complete prior authorizations and communicate with patients in surgery plan
• License(s): CMA, RMA or RNA required
• EMR experience a plus
• Team Mentality: Willingness to cross-cover for CST staff when needed and assume duties within the purview of a CMA from those in the CST job description
• Adherence to the Mission, Vision and Values of Ear, Nose & Throat of Lafayette
• Verify and update patient information in medical records
• Prepares patients by reviewing patient medical history and taking vitals
• Assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician
• Prepare patients for examinations, treatments and procedures
• Follow guidelines of HIPAA in maintaining patient confidentiality
• Performs additional administrative duties and projects as needed
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Eligible employees are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation
• Accrued paid time off (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
• Paid Holidays
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.