Unity seeks a Medical Receptionist to join our team at LAFAYETTE FAMILY MEDICINE, a practice division of Unity Healthcare. Candidate will be joining a well-established practice.
Our Medical Receptionists play a large role in our organization. With your unique talents and skill set, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• 2 years of medical office experience preferred
• Computer experience required
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
• Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and be able to prioritize and multitask
• Must display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families
• Greet, register, and check patients in and out
• Verify and update patient information in medical records
• Verify insurance, collect copays, and process payments
• Answer phone calls, direct calls to appropriate departments, and schedule patient appointments
• Maintain patient confidentiality within HIPAA guidelines
• Complete special projects and assist staff in completing assignments as needed
• Full-Time or Part-Time
• Lafayette, IN
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation
• Accrued paid time off for full-time staff (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
• Paid Holidays
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.