Unity seeks a Medical Receptionist to join our team at LAFAYETTE NEUROLOGY. Candidate will be joining a well-established practice.
Our ideal Medical Receptionist will have excellent customer service skills, great communication, and good organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work independently to complete tasks. Candidate will be responsible for entering and maintaining patient and insurance information. Must enjoy working with the public even when situations of being under pressure arise.
• Medical Office/ Medical Terminology preferred
• Previous patient scheduling experience preferred
• Allscripts PM/EMR knowledge is a plus!
• Proficient data entry is required with basic computer knowledge
• Certification(s): High School Diploma required
• Greet, register, and check patients in and out, room patients
• Verify and update patient information in medical records
• Verify insurance, collect copays, and process payments
• Answer phone calls, direct calls to appropriate departments, and schedule patient appointments
• Maintain patient confidentiality within HIPAA guidelines
• Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
• Lafayette, IN
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation
• Accrued paid time off for full time staff time off starts at up to 18 days annually
• Paid Holidays
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.