Lafayette Orthopaedic Clinic (LOC), is seeking a general or fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon to join a well-established private practice Orthopaedic group.
LOC has been providing Orthopaedic care to the Lafayette area for more than 50 years. LOC is currently a group of 7 Orthopaedic Surgeons and 1 non-surgical sports medicine specialist.
• LOC surgeons share call at a 1:6 ratio at a level 3 trauma center.
• LOC is a high-volume practice with a referral area of ~350k.
• We will provide a start up guarantee with a track to partnership. We are happy to discuss details upon request.
• One of our surgeons with a 30-year practice in this community retired in December 2019.
• LOC is an independent division of Unity Healthcare, LLC, a unique 65-member multi-specialty physician owned group. An outpatient surgical center, imaging center and occupational medicine center are among our wholly owned ancillaries.
Please contact Doree Dunfee at 765-446-5109 or email: [email protected] for more information about Physician opportunities.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana. Unity physicians are provided sufficient autonomy and decision-making authority to practice and meet the changing medical needs of patients, while enjoying the benefits and economic rewards of a large medical group. We offer excellent income potential, a great work environment and a competitive salary and benefit package that includes a rapid acceleration path to a partnership.
Unity understands practicing medicine in today’s healthcare climate is complex. With this understanding, Unity has developed a very successful practice model that affords our physicians flexibility, while achieving the benefits and efficiencies of large practices and integrated health systems. With a proven commitment to outstanding and responsive care, Unity physicians are provided the freedom and decision-making authority to practice medicine in a manner that is in the best interest of their patients, while having the immediate resources for professional mentoring and support, and most importantly, continuity of care for patients. A skilled and highly-qualified management team exists, which is prepared to provide necessary support for a smooth transition and successful development of your practice.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our Healthcare Professionals. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
• Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
• Relocation allowance
• Paid malpractice
• 18 days of Paid Time Off and CME package offered (plus paid holidays)
• Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, and vision
• Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
• Optional Short and Long Term Disability
• Customized marketing support
• Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LAFAYETTE/WEST LAFAYETTE COMMUNITY AND INDIANA
The Lafayette/West Lafayette area is a wonderful place for family. It has many attractive neighborhoods, highly ranked public and private schools and offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, cultural entertainment and family-friendly recreational opportunities. We boast an unmatched quality of life, low-crime community that is only a short drive to Chicago to the North and Indianapolis to the South.
West Lafayette is home to Purdue University and its vast educational, cultural, research and sports resources.
Lafayette has received numerous awards from publications such as Forbes and Money Magazine. To learn more about the Lafayette/West Lafayette community, visit the following:
For physicians, Indiana is an excellent state in which to practice:
• Indiana was one of the first states to implement malpractice reform over 30 years ago.
• Indiana is considered one of the most physician friendly states in which to practice, ranking in the Top 5
• Indiana has low physician density compared to population
• Indiana has competitive insurance markets and relatively high reimbursement rates
• The Indiana State Medical Society represents over 60% of the State’s physicians, enabling its membership to be influential in state politics.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or Federal law.