Unity Seeks an Urgent Care Physician to join our team on a full-time basis, working 10-12 shifts (12 hours each) per month. Experience in an urgent care setting is strongly preferred, with ability to handle high volumes and work independently. Our ideal physician will have a strong clinical background, with a focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. The successful candidate will be personable and skilled at relationship building in order to help create a positive atmosphere at this location. Physician will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families. Physician will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
• US Residency Required or J1 visa holders
• Experienced Urgent Care physicians or new fellows are encouraged to apply
• Active Unrestricted Osteopathic or Medical License
• License(s): MD or DO
• Not Excluded from Medicare or Medicaid
• Full-time employment or contractor: 10-12 shifts per month, 12 hours each shift
• No inpatient call
• Facility open 7 days a week; 8a-8p
• Stand-alone immediate care facility with onsite x-ray
• Adults and children
• Malpractice-friendly state
• Primary care built-in referral base
• Strong specialty support
The Lafayette/West Lafayette area is a wonderful place for family. It has many attractive neighborhoods, highly ranked public and private schools and offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, cultural entertainment and family-friendly recreational opportunities. We boast an unmatched quality of life, low-crime community that is only a short drive to Chicago to the North and Indianapolis to the South.
West Lafayette is home to Purdue University and its vast educational, cultural, research and sports resources.
Because of its low cost of living, great home prices, green initiatives and access to premiere education, Lafayette has received numerous awards from publications such as Forbes and Money Magazine. To learn more about the Lafayette/West Lafayette community, visit the following:
In addition to all of the great things about Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is one of the best states to call home. Here are more things to know about Indiana:
• Housing costs in Indiana are below the national average
• Indiana is home to the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts, NBA Indiana Pacers, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home to the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 500), NCAA Headquarters and the College Football Hall of Fame.
• Among our state’s many higher learning institutions are Purdue University, Indiana University, University of Notre Dame, Ball State University and Butler University.
• There are multiple cultural events, museums, symphonies, theatres and zoos around the state.
• For recreation, there is hiking, biking, camping, fishing and hunting, just to mention a few
• World class shopping can be found in both small village locals and major city locations around the state.
• Indiana is within driving range to other major metropolitan cities like Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati and Nashville.
For physicians, Indiana is an excellent state in which to practice:
• Indiana was one of the first states to implement malpractice reform over 30 years ago.
• Indiana is considered one of the most physician friendly states in which to practice, ranking in the Top 5
• Indiana has low physician density compared to population
• Indiana has competitive insurance markets and relatively high reimbursement rates
• The Indiana State Medical Society represents over 60% of the State’s physicians, enabling its membership to be influential in state politics.
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or Federal law.